This easy and quick bottle wrapper can be used for any type of liquor. Really dresses up that bottle of wine and adds an extra touch to an otherwise outdated gift.
Made with worsted weight wool it is also affordable to create.
Worsted weight yarn in two colors (I just happened to have Vanna’s Choice in the colors I wanted in the house but Red Heart would work just as well)
Tapestry needle for weaving in ends
Abbreviations and Stitches used:
mc– magic circle/ring
sc– single crochet
insert hook, yarn over, pull through (two loops on hook), yarn over, pull through both loops
hdc– half double crochet-
yarn over, insert hook, yarn over, pull through (three loops on hook), yarn over, pull through all three loops
dc– double crochet
yarn over, insert hook, yarn over, pull through (three loops on hook), yarn over, pull through first two loops on hook, yarn over and pull through last two loops.
Dec 2 Tog– decrease two together- all done on sc in this application-
insert hook, yarn over, pull through, (two loops on hook), insert hook in next space, yarn over, pull through, (three loops on hook), yarn over, pull through all three loops
sl st– slip stitch
insert hook, yarn over, pull through, (two loops on hook), pull loop closest to hook through other loop
dccl- double crochet cluster-
begins like a regular dc stitch – yarn over, insert hook, yarn over, pull through, yarn over and pull through first two loops on hook, BUT THEN yarn over, insert hook back into same space, yarn over, pull through, yarn over and pull through all four loops on hook.
To cre8tion wine bottle wrap:
- Using both colors together- 10sc in mc
- [2sc] in every stich around <20>
- Sc in every st with 2sc in every other st <30>
- Sc in every st around <30>
kinda looks like a peppermint candy
- Weave in tails of mc
- Dc around dec2tog in every 3rd st (work as much as you can, it will not work out perfectly even) join with sl st <23>
- Pull red (or color A) through white (or color B) and pull tail of white tight so that only red is showing
- Dccl around <23> for TWO rows
- Cut red and pick up white
- Sl st into next sp, ch2 and then 2dc into same space, *skip two spaces and [3dc] into next same space. Continue from* around for 8 [3dc] clusters. You will be one space short on the last stitch, it is ok, sl st into ch2 space
- Weave in ends.
- Repeat [3dc] clusters in every third st for 8 more rows (9rows total)
- Change to red- dc around <24> for TWO rows
- Change to white- [3dc] cluster in every third st (8 clusters)
- Change to red and sc around <24>
- Take three strands of red about 20” long and knot at one end, braid and knot at other end. Weave through row of [3dc] clusters directly before double row of dc red. Tie in a bow. You are done!